The club’s annual Boxing Day time trial was held in less than perfect conditions on the Thanet Way course. In fact, it was cold, drizzly and with a stiff south easterly wind!
In total, just seven riders signed on, which is one of the smallest fields for quite a few years for this regular event. No doubt that the weather was a significant factor for many potential riders.
The fastest ride of the day was by Steve Wilkinson, in his new team colours of TWB-OnTime RT. Steve’s time was a respectable 24.17, some 12 seconds ahead of Colin Newton (24.29) of Folkestone VC in second place. Third place, and fastest Thanet RC rider was Colin Robinson with 26.07. Times of all riders as follows.
1) Steve Wilkinson TWB OnTime RT 24.17
2) Colin Newton Folkestone VC 24.29
3) Colin Robinson Thanet RC 26.07
4) Danny Frost Folkestone VC 27.35
5) Chris Bax Thanet RC 27.50
6) Andy Burrows Thanet RC 29.35
7) Colin Inett Thanet RC 32.16
Thanks go out to the group of helpers who braved the elements; Jan Robey, Shay Giles, Simon Henderson, Pete Huckstep, Michael Friend and Dave Mastin.
Report by Dave Mastin.